Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday Wares: Monitor

We got a video monitor this week.  It's something that I had kind of wanted, but then kind of didn't.  I was wavering.  But we found a great price online, so I decided - yes, let's get it!
And now that I have it, I can't believe that I didn't want one or get one before now.  But I'm kind of glad that we didn't have one when we first brought baby home.  I don't think that I would have ever slept.  Just having the audio and listening for noises from the baby gave me a freedom to sleep those first few weeks.  But now that rolling is imminent, I like being able to check on her.  And especially during nap times, I don't have to wake her to check and see if the noise that she just made is just talking... or waking.  And today, she is a little sick - some vomiting this morning.  So during this naptime, I can keep an eye on her, without disturbing her rest.  Getting it this week and being able to have it today was PERFECT timing!
It is amazing - that even in a dark room, I can see her.  It's kind of creepy, but in a good way.  It's like night vision goggles on the baby!  It's great to be able to see just for a second, and not have to try to sneak in her room "quietly," which was sometimes done unsuccessfully! And there are no other babies or monitors in use on our street, so we don't have to worry about other babies on this channel, safety or interference.  This new monitor is so fun! Even on a day that really isn't.

No comments: