Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday Three: Pop culture

1) The awesome cover of  Weezer's new album "Hurley"

2) The CW is replacing the Friends/Office block at 5pm with a Nancy Grace show.  Interesting and weird, I think.  BUT ABC family is going to start showing Friday Night Lights every weeknight at 5pm.  Perfect! And actually even better!  As much as Friends is quotable, maybe it is getting a little old - every night of the week.  And there's only those few Office episodes that I truly enjoy watching multiple times (and even then there are parts that I still avert my eyes, read: Michael).  I guess the CW felt the same way.  But to have great timing for something to replace it - so fun!!

3) The Emmy's were really funny (for the most part) - which surprises me because even though I do think that Jimmy Fallon is funny, he thinks he's funny too.  Sometimes not the best for comedic response.  At one point, our laughs from the den woke the baby - but just for a minute.

No comments: