Saturday, September 4, 2010

Systematic Saturday: Kaizen

I love organizing and RE-organizing things.  Finding a better way to put things up so that the next time that it is used, it's easier to access.  A few months ago, Daniel told me about a concept that he had heard about at work.  It's called Kaizen.  It is a business practice used (and started) in Japan for continuously looking for ways to improve the way things are done.  Wikipedia  has a page explaining it. 

And that's really what I was already doing, and now it has a name.  
So when I move things, say, in the kitchen - finding a better place for them, a more usable place for them - to which Daniel usually says "where does it go NOW?" - I show the new place, tell why it moved, then say...
KAIZEN!


1 comment:

Mrs. Brock said...

Could you please come live at our house for a week? Ok good, thanks!