Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tales for Tuesday: Badge #1

As one of my friends put it the other day, I got one of my first mommy badges this week.  I got vomited on - many times.  And I think that I've done about 15 loads of laundry, all sickness related.  But I think that's a low-ball estimate.  Over the weekend, Daniel and I had a stomach bug too. This added to the laundry situation.
After going to the doctor today for the baby, he thinks that she had the bug like we did, but unlike our 36 hours, hers is going to last about 7-10 days.  And on top of that, he thinks that the vomiting triggered acid reflux in her.

And I was thinking as I was looking around the kitchen during this week - trying to find things for me and Daniel to eat after being sick - about the meal plan I had made for the week and the grocery trip that I had just taken.  I saved over $40 this week on groceries, shopping the sales and using coupons.  But saving that money didn't really "save" much this week, since we aren't eating any of the food.  

1 comment:

MamaDrama77 said...

Oh yuck! Just when you thought everyone was getting better... :-(

All 3 of mine (Steve too) were sick over the weekend but it was NOT in technicolor--just a sinus thing. ALthough Mia narrowly missed a trip to the ER with asthma. Thank you, Lord, for healing!