Monday, September 6, 2010

Making on... Monday: hot dogs

With the long weekend - and trips and visits with family, I'm not doing much making this week.  Also I'm looking forward to Wednesday when my first E-mealz subscription starts.  So I don't know WHAT I'm going to be making this week.

But in honor of the holiday, here's my favorite way to make hot dogs (a la Rachael Ray):

Cook hot dogs in about an inch or two of boiling water in a skillet - slitting the hot dogs several times so that they don't explode.  Then drain the water out and then spray with cooking spray and then brown - to desired brown-ness.  I like them when they get a pretty good "campfire" char on them.

Hot dogs - juicy on the inside, kind of crisp and grilled on the outside.  Yum!

1 comment:

MamaDrama77 said...

I know what we're having for lunch.