Sunday, September 12, 2010

Blessing & Gratitude: The Hospital

Last night we had an adventure.  I woke up about 2 am with horrible abdominal pain.  Probably the worst pain I've ever had.  After a few minutes of trying to decide whether or not to go to the ER, I finally decided yes, when I was sweating and shaking from the pain.  I thought it might be a couple of things, both of which needed the ER.

So off we went.  We had to wake up the baby - poor girl.  She sleeps through the night and was so confused why we were dragging her out of her crib in the middle of the night.  I clutched a pillow on my tummy and we were on our way.  I also had a bucket, just in case.  The pain was so bad that I was feeling a little nauseous & I didn't want to puke in Daniel's car.  It still has that "new car" smell.
Grateful:  I didn't vomit, in the car... at all!

When we got there, I guess I looked pretty bad, because they took me straight back to a room and the nurse filled out the initial paperwork for me.
Grateful:  I went straight back to a room!

Because I was shaking so bad that I couldn't write.  Daniel was on baby patrol in the corner, while I got my Morphin & Phenergan in an IV.  After a cat-scan and a couple of hours, the pain was getting so much better and the results came back.
Grateful:
• The meds came fast and helped so much!  And it turned out that it wasn't appendicitis!  Yea!  The doctor said it was a ruptured ovarian cyst (about 5 cm) that was collapsing - BUT the worst pain was behind me!  (still really sore this afternoon, but I can stand upright, which I couldn't do last night)
• That the baby did pretty good!  She was super cute for the nurses, drank a bottle (cold, even) and took a little nap.  There was a little crying, but it was because she was so tired!  Daniel did great with her while I was passed out with medication.  And today, she is sleeping well and in a great mood!

We are so tired today.  Me from all the pain & medicine, I think.  Daniel, because he didn't sleep much when we got back and he's been taking care of his girls today.  I am definitely grateful for that too!

1 comment:

Talia said...

Oh, my! That's some of the worst pain I've experienced in my life! Way worse than surgery. So sorry you had to go through it! Hugs.