Saturday, September 18, 2010

Systematic Saturday: Kaizen Kitchen

In order to make more room in the kitchen for baby bowls, spoons and cereal that will soon be used (in the next week or so!) I rearranged the kitchen.  Daniel "loves" it when I do this.  And this time, it was a big rearrange.  I moved the cups and bowls into an entirely different cabinet - which makes more sense.  The bowls are now near the cereal and the fridge (ice cream).  And the cups, too, are closer to the fridge - for better beverage-getting.  And now all the plates are together - in the other cabinet.  I did have them arranged by "style" - the blue ones and the white ones (that we use most often) separated.  But after several attempts at putting things here and there, I got it all to FIT (which was hard in itself) and now it makes sense.  Sort of.  Baby has her own shelf now!  
Now to just remember where I put everything.  

1 comment:

MamaDrama77 said...

Please come do my house next. My cabinets are embarrassing. The kids have their own shelf (set of shelves, really) for their kiddie plates and cups, etc...but I'll be doggone if they don't all rush to escape every time I open the doors. It's like they don't like being in there. The same happens below, when I go for a plastic leftovers container or an appliance. Why do they all want to leave me? I try explaining to them that my kitchen floor is nothing more than a place for heartbreak, crumbs, and dog hair...but they seem to prefer it.