Friday, September 3, 2010

Feats & Fails Friday

Feats:
• Thinking - and actually believing - that something that happened was just a fluke.  That "today" is not how tomorrow WILL be.  A BIG feat for me.

• Signing up for e-mealz.  It doesn't sound like a feat, but relinquishing control and actually looking forward to next week's grocery list making IS.  And hoping to try out some new food, especially the side dishes.


Fails:
• Making Hamburger Helper - putting in the hot water.  It called for 3 cups of water, so I thought that I measured it out right.  Nope. Got to make sure to use the ONE cup measurer instead of the TWO cup measurer.  I thought that looked like too much water.

• Well....fells - Not my fail - or fall.  There were several HUGE trees cut down by my neighbor (the landscaper) this week.  Multiple chainsaws going for 2 days - with four huge BOOMS as the trees fell.  The one closest to our house - shook the house and rattle the dishes a little.  If this had been the first of the four trees, it would have really freaked me out.  And then the next two days after the chainsaws, were the days of the bobcat, the multiple dump-trucks and the boom of loading tree stumps into the back of a truck.  Why a fail?  Well, sad to see perfectly trees bite the dust.  And also all of these noises disturbed the dog (barking) and of course happened mostly during nap times - and gave me a constant headache.  If I never hear a chainsaw again, that would be great!


Fail & Feat:
Fail = our internet service for the past two days.  It's like we were on dial-up again.
Feat = it just got fixed WITHOUT a technician coming to our house.  Reported the problem via twitter (weird) and it was fixed the SAME day - within hours! And there was an actual problem on their end that they had to send a truck to fix.  Done!  Totally amazing and unexpected!

2 comments:

MamaDrama77 said...

You are my E Mealz friend now! Hooray!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. With my Aldi plan for 4, I almost never break a hundred bucks for a week's worth of dinners.

MamaDrama77 said...

You twittered a technical prob and they fixed it? Someday Tennessee will catch up to the technology of Alabama. I hope.