Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tales for...this week

So I was going to blog on Tuesday, and the topic was going to be procrastination.  Funny how it's Wednesday night and my blog for Tuesday didn't happen.
Well, Tuesday night, as I got in the bed to snuggle in with a DVD and a bowl of cereal - my favorite late night snack - my dog started looking a little sickly and acting just a little strange.  Well, I decided that the blogging could wait, I really wanted to start in on the cereal and the DVD.  And maybe if I settled down and turned off the light, then the pup would settle in too.  But then less than 5 minutes after I said to myself, I hope that she doesn't vomit, she did.  And A LOT of it.  She got the end of the bed, down in between the foot board and the comforter too.  And then, as she tried to "escape" that one, she went to the middle of the bed and did one even bigger than the last one.
Ok, so it's like 9:45 now, and that's late in our house.  I don't think that we have an extra set of sheets for this bed - and if so, then I'm not sure where they are.  And doing laundry is out of the question.  It's too late and too loud.  The sheets usually just go straight from the bed, to be washed, then right back on the bed, hence no extra set.  But oh, how I wanted an extra set that night.  Since this was the night I was alone - Daniel was still out of town and my company had left, no one was actually going to have to sleep on the puke side of the bed.  But the smell.  Oh the smell.
I did clean up the best I could - paper towels and probably every towel that we have in the house.  It took about 45 minutes to clean up the best I could.  I took the comforter and the top sheet and quarantined them on the washing machine.  I had to leave the fitted sheet on, so I layered the huge wet spots with towels.  I found a random sheet in the closet - I didn't even know it was it in there.  And I stole the comforter off the guest bed.  A full size comforter on our king size bed - again, glad I was the only one in the bed.  I even had to clean the dog off.  She was pathetically holding up her paw, because it was covered in it.  She was way more pitiful with the sickness than the baby was.
So now, everything is washed and dried.  The pup is feeling much better - she went all day acting and eating normally.  But there is still the smell of puke.  We have a mattress cover, so the mattress was protected.  And I thought I got it all.  Guess not,  But where is it?

No comments: