Sunday, November 28, 2010

Blessing & Gratitude: The Christmas Season

After Thanksgiving, we put up our Christmas decorations.  It's so fun to see all the ornaments, old and new.  And to have that first night of twinkling lights from the tree and from outside.  The cold, the lights, the tree and the stockings all get me in the Christmas mood.  Thanksgiving kind of snuck up on me.  Christmas isn't going to do that!  I used to work at a place where you KNEW it was Christmas time - the season brought with it all the business.  But not seeing the piles of work to do, I guess I just didn't realize how close we actually were.  But now that the cold weather is finally here - and the decorations are up.  Now to focus on the the joys of the season.  And the new joys that this year's season will bring.  Our first Christmas with baby.  God has truly blessed us with the most amazing gift this year.

No comments: