Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tales for Tuesday: The Weather Channel

I love watching the Weather Channel.  It's really fascinating to me.  I should have been a meteorologist.  I like knowing WHY the weather does what it does.  And well, also, knowing what it's going to do - well what it's probably going to do.  Daniel is amazed that a weatherman can be right 50% of the time and be great at his job.  This really comes into play in the wintertime, when talking about snow.  But weather isn't an exact science.  That's why I like to know - why.  If I know that the jet stream is doing this or that - then the rain that's in Texas is going to hit us directly or just go off the coast. So I kind of know what's going on.  I do like to be prepared...

One thing I love is the Local on the 8s.  The music they play during it is usually elevator Muzak stuff.  But it's been kind of different lately.  Last week, I heard REM "Radio Free Europe" - like the actual song.  Then yesterday, it was a muzak version of Sublime "What I Got" - which was kind of weird.  Then today - it was "Someday" by Mariah Carey (the actual song).  That was a weird choice, I think and a weird blast from the past.  Huh.  Who is choosing this music?

No comments: