Monday, November 15, 2010

Making on... Monday: gift bag

So I have wanted to make gift bags out of newspaper for a while now, since I got a gift in one last year.  I thought it was so cool - and a great way to recycle and reuse.  So I found a few sites online with instructions. I spent an afternoon (during naptime) making the first "trial" one.  And then I made two that turned out pretty good.  But then I needed one a little bigger for the gift that I was going to be giving (size: a pack of diapers).  So I extrapolated the "pattern" that I found online and made a bigger bag.  It turned out pretty good, I think.  After the glue dried, the diapers didn't rip through the bag or anything!  And they fit great too...
Everything was fine, I had tested the bag several times - picking it up, carrying it around a little.  But as I gave the bag to the recipient, the handles ripped out of the top.  Oh well.  I'm going to reinforce the top next time, as well as the bottom!  But it was cool while it lasted!   
And I count this as success for making gift bags!  

No comments: