Monday, November 22, 2010

Making on... Monday: Cake

Yesterday I made this chocolate mousse cake  Don't get too excited, it was from a mix in a box, but I actually did have to bust out the mixer and then layer 2 rounds together with mousse!   I haven't been baking in a while, and it felt good to be back baking in the kitchen.  I made it for our church group that usually comes over, but so many of them were sick or otherwise occupied, so I really didn't have a TON of people to share it with.  And with cakes, they can be so hit or miss with Daniel.  He'll either love it, or just think it's ok and forget about it.  Well, we did have someone come over to watch football and the three of us had the cake.  And I thought it was great.  And after our guest left, I asked Daniel how he really felt about it.  I asked, "Did you like it?"  And he said "Like isn't a strong enough word!"  So I guess it was good.

No comments: