Saturday, November 20, 2010

Systematic Saturday: Regrouping

I haven't been blogging very regularly the past couple of weeks.  I'm not sure why - but I just seem to be running out of time.  Baby has been getting up several times in the middle of the night - not for very long or very many times - but it's different from her sleeping through the night.  So I am just a little more tired than I have been - I have to get adjusted to this waking/sleeping pattern...
So my days are just a little slower and a little more sluggish than they were.  I have all these great ideas of what I need to do, what I should do, what I want to do - and with my slow-moving self, everything just isn't getting done.  I was going along pretty good for the first few months with baby.  But maybe it's catching up with me?
So this weekend, I had two cups of coffee and set to doing one of my tasks that has been looming over me.  The PILE - on my desk in the study.  The pile of stuff that kept growing and growing of "stuff I'll get to later."  Well, today was later - finally!  And I got through it.  I have a few more "piles" in other places around the house that I just have to get to before the end of the year.  I HAVE to!
These areas really aren't that big - but they are just kind of gnawing at me - always in the back of my mind. As a kid, I was the one that had to clean up my room before I could do my homework.  A neat space made it easier for me to think.  Translate that into adult land and I feel the need to clean and straighten up before I can sit down and relax.  But I think that if I can get rid of some of these junky places that are junking up my head, that I can be a little faster, a little more streamlined - and that I can get to something fun faster!

1 comment:

MamaDrama77 said...

Why cannot I communicate this to my husband, who finds it easy enough to plop down on the couch in the midst of a chaotic sea of clutter and grossness, beer in hand, armed for a football game and fully UNFAZED by it all? I just cannot function when things are a mess.