Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tales for Tuesday: Just a number

And the number that I'm thinking of... the size of clothing.  I learned at a pretty early age that the number inside the clothing really didn't matter that much.  That if you weren't a certain size, but you tried to squeeze into one that was way too small, that it really didn't look that great.  (One of my friends did this on a regular basis)  That sometimes going up a size sometimes makes you look better, even slimmer!  I know that size is just a number.  When it comes to me.

The baby is now 8 months old.  And she is wearing 9 months on the top and 6 months on the bottom.  There are some things that she can wear 6-12 months on both.  But I was thinking about it the other day...  She's small?  She's long?  She seems to be getting bigger, but then there she was one day last week wearing a 3-6 month outfit.  Huh.  It's crazy how the sizing is totally different between stores - much different than adult clothing.  And how different she is fitting in tops and bottoms.  On so many things, I have to put her in the bigger size for LENGTH.  Many of her shirts were becoming 3/4 length sleeves - and not supposed to be like that.  She's not getting "bigger" just longer!  Many people have remarked how she is getting SO BIG.  It's all arms and legs - they are everywhere!  And they are always moving!

No comments: