Monday, January 31, 2011

Making on... Monday: Convection

Well, this weekend I made more baby food.  And while doing it, I made the biggest mess that I have since I started making the purees.  And it was a prune puree.  Quite the mess.
I made a pizza tonight with dough from Publix.  So fun to do that!  And I made it with the convection setting of my oven.  It had a great crust - soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside.  YUM!
My friend and I discovered that we have the same exact oven, as she was telling me about how she convects everything.  And I really had never used that setting - just because I was unsure how things would turn out.  But with the years of success that she has had with the setting - and oh, how easy it is - we are now convecting EVERYTHING!!  It really is easy - there is a button to convert.  All you do is punch in what type of cooking it is (baking, etc) then what the conventional temp and time are.  WHY was I not using this the whole time we have had this oven?  It cooks better and faster.  Who knew?  (guess my friend did, and glad that she shared with me!

No comments: