Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tales for Tuesday: Adoption

I was thinking about how amazing our adoption journey came together last year.  And it was all God - We really didn't do anything but follow His lead.  He had this planned for us the whole time; we just had to follow.

Really, when we starting looking into the adoption process, just weeks after deciding that our journey down the road of fertility was over, it was just to get some information.  But after going to an informational meeting, we knew almost immediately that we were going to be adopting - from China.
So we pursed that - did all the paperwork and jumping through hoops - and then the waiting began.  And then more waiting.  I started to feel this nudge.  A nudge towards domestic adoption.  Which I couldn't believe.

When we started looking into adoption, I was very adamant about NOT doing domestic.  I didn't want to take that route.  Ever.  We were at first led to China, but then things - totally out of our control and totally in God's hands - led us to another path.  An addition path.  And I'm so glad that we listened, that I changed my mind.  That God had an even bigger, greater and more amazing plan than I could have imagined.

And so now we have this amazing little girl in our home.  But we are still waiting in China.  Waiting for our first/second little girl.  We still feel a call to China - and God is working in that adoption too.  Nothing is really happening now.  We are just doing what we can - basically keeping all the paperwork up to date, so that when the time comes, we are ready.  I just feel like it's going to be out of the blue.  That we know it's coming, but that it's going to happen very quickly.  Not unlike last year.  So when is something going to happen?  God has an amazing plan - He is working on it right now.  And I can't wait to see what it is!

No comments: