Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday Wisdom: Happiness

I was reading an article today and came across this line:  
" Being happy is really hard, but I don't think it's complicated." 

The article was about being happy, and where you find it.  It was talking about how if you think about things too much, sometimes it can eat away at the happiness.  But just being in life, living it, that's the best way to find the happy.  I wish that the article had expounded on that a little more.  Being happy is hard.  But I think that taking the idea from this article - and then also seeing the grace and blessings that God offers each day - can lead to true JOY. Even better than just being happy.  Because being happy IS hard.  Because sometimes you just can't be.  But true joy, which is what I desire, isn't complicated - it just has to come from the right place.  The only place.  The Joy of the Lord is my strength.  

No comments: