Saturday, October 16, 2010

Systematic Saturday: Holiday decorations

I am so impressed by people that have decorations for every season - and get them out in a timely fashion.  I probably wouldn't be one to decorate with tons of stuff, but I do like to have a little something out for each season - or holiday, as the case may be.  Downstairs I have a little shelf/cubby thing with Valentines on the top, "spring" on the next shelf, "fall" on the next one, and then Christmas - taking up most of the space, as it probably does at everyone's house. And most of the time, these decorations make it upstairs in time to see their appropriate season.  But sometimes I'm just a little behind...  For fall, I did pretty good on the timing.  My neighbors that are going a little overboard with the decorations (we think they are having a contest...) reminded me that it was time.  


I do have two things that I change out for each season - I have 4 different doormats.  The fall one with leaves just went out.  And a candy dish.  The one for fall is a cute candy corn shaped one!  It's one of my favorites things for this time of year.  And this time of year, I buy one big pumpkin for the front porch.  Inside, I have a beaded metal pumpkin candle holder and a plush Snoopy, who's holding a jack-o-lantern.  But that's about as decorated as we get around here.  With all the leaves that are in the yard, I really don't need any more decorations!  

No comments: