Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tales for Tuesday: In the Mailbox

Today in the mail, we got three things.  One was expected. One was disheartening and confusing. One was totally weird and unexpected.
I got the Inchbug labels that I ordered.  They are these rubberband-like things that go around baby's bottle.  As much as I love my label maker, baby needed something a little cuter for putting her name on her bottle for the church nursery.
And then I got a box from my high school.  That was weird in itself.  Turns out, it was a coffeetable book about the history and growth (from establishment to present day) of my high school.  Weird.  I wouldn't have ever guessed that I would get something like that - especially randomly.
And then we got a letter from the government about our China adoption update.  We have to update our file with the US government every 18 months.  This includes having our fingerprints taken again (why?  fingerprints don't change... AND they are done digitally.)  We sent a request for a renewal and they sent it back to us.  The office has moved several times this year, and this was the NEW location. They were trying to simplify and consolidate.  But I guess this new place doesn't know that.  Because they sent our letter back.  Kind of upsetting, because now we don't know where to send it.  Neither does our social worker.  She's working on it...  The government has confused us all.  [This does not affect our adoption.  But we have to get this renewal in ASAP or it could set us back a little.]

So happy, confused, upset, surprised and worried...  so many emotions to come out of a mailbox.  

No comments: