Saturday, October 23, 2010

Systematic Saturday: The Green Project

So on my quest to be a little more green, I checked a book out at the library on the subject.  And after reading the introduction, I thought that it would be great.  But after the first "section," I have figured out that it is really just a book of advertisement about a certain LINE of products...  that the author's husband sells.  It's an informative book, but for products that she suggests to replace "chemical" ones, are all from this line I've never heard of and that's not sold in stores.
So...  back to my dilemma.  I want to figure out what, maybe, the top 5 "bad" ingredients to avoid and steer clear of those.  But the list that she has in this book is about 30 items long.  Too much to remember.  And way too complicated.  I'm still trying to figure out... Is the "green" stuff any better or should I rely on the advances of "science."
So my Green Project - is just to go one step at a time.  Change a few things gradually.  Organic is the key word for me. And changing them over time will be a little easier (not to mention cheaper).  And hopefully this slow and steady change will make for some new, good habits!

No comments: