Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wednesday Word: Technological Convenience

I was thinking about something today...  The convenience of being able to do things instantly that is causing me to slow down.  Interesting.  I guess it's just the nature of the beast - TV, internet, iPhone.  All the things that are modern conveniences are making my life, well, LESS convenient.  With a baby in the house, that is now more than just a cute little lump that just eats and sleeps, more of my time is being given (gladly) to her.  And I don't think that I'm going to be giving up TV or the internet completely any time soon - nor ever.  So I'm after a way to find how to use these modern technologies (and any new ones I get in the future...) to actually make things more efficient.  Maybe just one tab at a time... I tend to "snowball" and can get sucked in coming up with "new things" to look at.  Maybe moving things around in the house...  I think location of technology might be causing a problem too.  I'm going to figure out how to make it work for ME instead of the other way around.

No comments: