Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday Three: Triple threes...

Use for baby mittens by the baby: 
1) To chew on
2) Put on a stuffed animal to distract her during diaper changes
3) As puppets (they have cute little faces on them)
but not as mittens - when they are on her hands they come right off

Things that I never did everyday (but always really wanted to) but now having a baby I DO everyday:
1) Load (or unload) the dishwasher - never letting dishes sit on the counter - I run out of baby dishes quickly!
2) Make the bed - I just feel messy if it's not done now
3) Journaling - I have been off and on with journaling in my life, and for the past year I've been doing it everyday.  For things I want to remember.  For things I need to think through.  For things that I just need to get out of my head.  It's a wonderful pondering and cleansing exercise for my brain.  

Things that I am learning being a mommy:
1) Sometimes I don't need to "fix it" - it will just fix itself 
2) Phases - I recently read something about phases - That really everything is a phase, the bad stuff is a phase that you get through, and the good stuff is a phase also, that you need to cherish and enjoy!
3) Happiness is contagious.  If I'm happy and silly (most times) the baby is too! 

No comments: