Monday, March 21, 2011

Making up for last week...on Monday: ABC's



A. Age: mid-thirties!!

B. Breakfast food: Love it!  Pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon (mostly turkey bacon) - but I usually just have a bowl of cereal! 

C. Chore you dislike: Probably dusting. I have to do it every week mainly for health reasons.  If I don't, it's even more of a pain when dusting the next week.  I don't do it good enough either.  And you can't really SEE a big difference - or smell one - when it's done.  

D. Dogs: Molly, a sweet weenie dog that has been so sweet to the baby.  Even sweeter than I thought she was going to be! 

E. Essential start to the day: Coffee, cereal, coffee.

F. Favorite color: Gray

G. Gold or silver: pretty much always silver

H. Height: 5'7 on a good day.

I. Instruments: 10 years of piano that I have pretty much forgotten, but not lost the appreciation for the playing or the music!  Also played guitar in high school.  Still have the guitar and I think I remember 3 chords.  I want to play again...soon.  And do Rock Band drums count?! 


J. Job title:  Stay at home mom.  Or that crazy lady with the baby. 

K. Kids:  One sweet baby girl - that actually turns ONE pretty soon. 

L. Live:  In the south - where it's already summer...  in March. 

M. Month:  November.  Just cool enough.  Just enough rain.  And football! 

N. Nicknames:  Um, not really. 

O. Overnight hospital stays:  A couple of minor surgeries, before EVERYTHING was outpatient.  

P. Pet peeves:  Cars not pulling over for emergency vehicles.  Words that people use in all seriousness that aren't real words but kind of sound like the words they are trying to say - that are accepted as correct.  [Read: things that Joey might have said on Friends]

Q. Quote from a movie:  I had to think about this for a while.  I like various types of movies, many of them not really quotable.  But my favorite "random quote" has to be from Blues Brothers: "This place has got everything" [when they are being chased by the police through a mall]
But my new favorite quote comes from a movie that I thought I wouldn't like.  With an actor that I usually can't watch.  Evan Almighty.  Morgan Freeman, playing God, says this: 
"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous?"
Pretty amazing thought from a movie.  

R. Righty or lefty: Right

S. Siblings: none.  

T. Time you wake up: When the baby wakes up.  Pretty much about 7 am everyday. 

U. Uniform:  Jeans, knit shirt of some type, usually some gray on.  Flip flops in the summer (or just when it's warm enough!)

V. Vegetables you don’t like:  Water chestnut.  Is it a nut?  Whatever it is, it's gross.  

W. What makes you run late:  Just being me?  Ha.  I'd like to say "the baby," but really, I'm just a late person.  I really don't want to be.  I try not to be. 

X. X-rays you’ve had:  Teeth (regular dentist checkup), Hand (see above, surgery - removal of needle)

Y. Yummy food you make:  I make pretty good baked goods, not pretty, but good! 


Z. Zoo animal favorites:  Sea Lions - how they jump and swim and lay in the sun!  So cute! 

No comments: