Friday, March 25, 2011

Fun for Friday: CVSing

I started couponing recently.  Not like crazy, get 10 papers and use a huge binder couponing.  But if that's your thing, then that's cool.  I like the easier way of using this great website that lists the sales for the week and the corresponding coupons!  Thus the best savings for the week.  I have developed a modest "stockpile" - meaning...  a couple boxes of noodles, canned tomatoes, toothpaste.  Just a couple of shelves in an extra pantry too.  And stuff that we are actually going to use.

So my next step in saving money was to learn to "CVS" and then to learn to do it well.  And I think that I'm on the road to getting good at it.  Today I got all of this stuff and only spent $13 - including tax.  And notice the almost $10 of bucks for next time that I left with.



I had a few extra "bucks" I could have used, but I am saving them for next week.  I'm eyeing some meds and mascara that are going to be on sale next week.  Save, plan, spend!!!

No comments: