Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday Wares

Avia Avi-motion shoes: For a while, I have been seeing those "shape-up" shoes, in sneaker and flip flop form. Not really interesting to me. Until now. With the baby, the only exercise that I have been getting - and probably will get - consistently will be walking. So I was curious about those shoes that add a little bit to the walking. I went to a shoe store where they have all the boxes out - so that I could try on a few pairs to see if I would like them and if they would be something I'd be interesting in. I tried on the Sketchers. Ugh! I did not like them at all. And a good thing, too. At $100 minimum, that is WAY more than I wanted to spend. Tried on a few more - and found the Avia ones were the cutest (and not SO obviously shape-up shoes) and the most comfortable - and the cheapest! But I didn't get them there.... I went online later that day and got them for $30 cheaper at Amazon! Yea shoes! They arrived this week - and even just wearing them around the house - I feel the burn!

Mei Tai baby carrier: I really do like the idea of a baby carrier. I have a very nice "hiking" carrier, given to me as a gift, that I think will be better suited for when baby is a little bigger and maybe can face out in it. But for now, she is still on the small side and that carrier just overwhelms her. I was tossing around the idea of a sling of some sort, but I just didn't think that baby would like the positioning. Several internet searches later, I stumbled upon the Mei Tai carrier. Just enough tying and wrapping, but not too much. Some of the "non-clippy" carriers were just too complicated. This one was very easy for me to follow how it ties and wraps around. So I ordered one last week - yep Amazon again - and it got here this week too!! It only took me 2 tries to get it tied comfortably for me AND baby! I think it's going to take a few times for her to get comfortable with it, but I think that she's really going to enjoy this baby-wearing. She loves being close and being held. And I like having her close too!

No comments: