Friday, August 27, 2010

Feats & Fails Friday

Feats:
• I got baby to sleep in her pack & play for the first time - for the easy to sleep morning nap. There is no way that I'm trying it for the afternoon "nap of surprises" yet. So this morning she kind of looked around and talked to herself a little more than usual as she went to sleep. But then a good two-hour nap followed. Success!

• Getting into a good routine and feeling more comfortable being a first-time mommy. This is a tough full time job, one I was looking forward to for so long, but a little different than I expected. Not really sure how to express the difference, it's just a feeling. LOTS of feelings - quite the ever-changing roller coaster. So feeling more like a mommy - and feeling GOOD about it. A great success!


Fails:
• Tried to use my new Mei Tai carrier out in the "real world" - on a short, errand-running trip to Target. I got through the parking lot and picked up 2 of 5 items on the list. Meltdown. So I had to carry her, the carrier, my phone & wallet, and purchases and made my way out as fast as possible. FAIL. This time....

• In the past 24 hours, I have spilled something on my shirt - TWICE. Neither of them baby related. The first time it was cherry - well, juice - I was eating a cherry and the juice squirted out onto my shirt. How many cherries have I had in my life - especially in the past several years. Thousands. This was the first time that weirdness happened. The second was coffee. Down the shirt - not the first time for that. Not the last.

No comments: