Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blessing & Gratitude

Well, to start this series of gratefulness, I do have to start with the BIG ONE! Having one of our two adoption come to completion is such a blessing and a wonderful miracle of God. Seeing His hand on this journey that we have been on leading us to this wonderful time is so amazing. There were, of course, the rough spots. Really rough sometimes. But it got us to where we are... where I am now. I knew in my heart that I would look back when we got our baby and say, "of course, this is the right time" - but so many times I thought THEN was the right time. Oh how I was wrong. I am so glad that God in His grace and faithfulness has led us to this time. And that the journey can only be explained by pointing to Him. This was God's amazing plan for us, not our own. And for that, I am so grateful.

Other things that are are my mind:
• I am grateful for the weekends with the baby & Daniel. It is so fun to just hang out and be a family!
• Sitting on the screen porch, after the rain - the three of us... reading & talking & cooing (well the smallest of us) - oh, actually the four of us - Molly the dog too!!
• Riding my bike Saturday morning, with the cool morning breeze blowing and the morning sun peeking around the trees.

No comments: