Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Big Month!

June was a big month for me (and for us as a family!) I did Vacation Bible School. Went to my brother-in-law's wedding

Then our great trip to Arizona, including Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and Sedona. I thought that was crazy enough. But after we got home on Monday night... That Wednesday, at 7:30, I got a phone call that changed our lives forever!! Such great news!

We have been waiting and praying for a family - for children - for so long. After several years of doctors, grief and no family, we decided to pursue the route of adoption. And since then we had two adoptions ongoing. One in China and one in the States. I do have a blog that tells more about these journeys - and have kept my two blogs separate for several reasons, the main being for emotional reasons. If you would like to read more about our journey, here is a link to my adoption blog:
carrie-shelterfromthestorm.blogspot.com

We have adopted our little girl from the states. We didn't know when she was coming, and when we found out, we had FOUR days to get everything ready. We found out Wednesday - and were getting her on Monday. The room has been painted for a while. We knew that this day was coming ONE day. But when it did come, it came FAST! But we got everything prepared before that Monday - clothes in the drawers, crib, mattress, swing, baby tub, towels, diapers and wipes. Mainly thanks to all of our great friends and family! So exactly a week after we got home from our Southwest vacation, we brought home our baby girl!

And now that our family of two is now a family of three..
Life has changed - SO MUCH! I know, understatement. This is what we've been waiting for, what I've been longing for! And me being a mommy is finally here and bringing me such joy. I did quit my job - I was only working part time, and I thought that it would be a fairly easy transition to not working at all. I do miss those days at work - seeing people and talking to adults - having a sense of accomplishment. So my plan - not that I've been the best blogger, well, ever - is to blog more often. To have a conversation outlet, a "me-time task" for the day sort of to look forward to. My goal is every day, or close to it. But I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen...knowing my track record and my excitement in the house these days. But here's for trying!

2 comments:

Chrissy Rodriguez said...

It was a very "big month" for you. I am so happy for your family. She will grow so fast and everyday will be something new. I'm glad you get to be home to watch her grow. God is so good:)

Michelle G. said...

I am so happy for you Carrie but miss you at work too! God has truly blessed you and you will figure out a schedule before you know it! As Julia gets older, you may want to find a play-group where mommies & babies all play together each week and chat/share info too!