Monday, August 30, 2010

Making on...Monday: Pizza

I love pizza. We have been doing some frozen varieties recently, for easy mealtimes. We like the CPK ones and the Publix supreme is pretty yummy too. I do love to cook, though, and I'm easing myself back into the swing of things. I am using some "helpers" though. Yeah, one of them WAS Hamburger Helper, but that's more of a treat for Daniel.
So a pizza made at home - I have tried the Pillsbury pizza dough in the past. Too much dough. But now they have a "thin crust" variety. Very nice - it comes out just the right thickness!
I folded the edges around to form a little crust. Then dusted it with garlic powder - garlic on EVERYTHING around here! Then pre-baked for a 5 minutes. Using Tyson "Grilled & Ready" frozen chicken breasts, which cooked fast and great in the microwave - highly recommended - I chopped up the chicken and some onion. Then mixed those two with some wing sauce. When the dough came out, I put down some cheese & then the wing sauce chicken mixture. Another 10 minutes in the oven. Yummy pizza! And pretty fast too! This will be a regular in our house!

3 comments:

Talia said...

I do something similar with publix pizza dough, the pre-cooked chicken, bbq sauce, cilantro and cheese. Makes a nice homemade BBQ pizza.

MamaDrama77 said...

We're making Primavera pizza tonight! The recipe calls for torn baby spinach leaves, chicken, red pepper, ranch dressing, olive oil...sounds like a salad on a pizza! LOL. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Incidentally, ever heard of a service called E-Mealz.com? We have been subscribing to the service for about 4 months now, and we love it. For $5 a month, you get a weekly dinner menu and shopping list based on your choice of grocery store. We have loved nearly every recipe they've suggested, and nothing takes more than 30 minutes to prepare (some require standard crock pot cook times, but the actual prep is minimal). It has taken all the drudge work out of meal and grocery planning for me! Now if I could just find somebody to do my actual shopping...

MamaDrama77 said...

Ok so Primavera Pizza? Totally rockin. Steve was not as much of a fan due to his aversion to ranch dressing, but General consensus is A plus.