Thursday, April 16, 2009

Shopping

I like to wait till the second half of the month to do any shopping - for extra things, i.e. clothes and such. I have a budget - a money "plan" for each month. Since I'm pretty much the spender in the family (my husband is the bill-payer), I like to have an idea of how much that I'm letting go of in a month - and where it's going!
So why the waiting for the 15th of the month to pass? I have a tendency to spend 3/4 of my budget in one category on the 6th of the month. Then on the 24th, I'll think, "Oh, I have plenty of money in that category left!" Only to find out when I get home that I really only had $10 and am now $30 over-budget. Waiting enables me to have more of an idea of what I want/need and can thoughtfully plan for purchases.
So, I did go shopping. I ended up getting a thin sweater, dressier jeans (that were marked down from $89 to $16 - and fit perfectly), and an awesome brush. Yes, I got really excited about a new hairbrush. It has copper bristles set on one of those cushion things. And the copper bristles - they massage your scalp and de-tangle with ease. It's the best brush that I've ever had!

No comments: