Friday, April 17, 2009

Closed Door

I killed ANOTHER wasp in the house. This is getting ridiculous. But I found the problem. Our front door, that has long needed some TLC is now a little crooked. It's slightly slanted in it's rectangle frame. Well, a lot slanted. There is a crack down one of the panes that I have caulked from the inside. And it really doesn't open or close very smoothly at all. When it is either very cold or very hot, the door really doesn't want to cooperate. Also, there is a gap on the top corner - which is how all of our buzzing friends were getting in, I figure. I got some foam tape to put around various parts of the door and the frame, hoping that this would help the bug problem. But our latest visitor got in the day after. Maybe he was already here.
He was on a ceiling light fixture. Not the best place to try to kill a wasp. After pathetically swatting a few times – and then waiting for a while, I took one last swat. And he just caved. He just fell on the floor and waited to be hit for the final blow. A very passive wasp – just like I like them.
So the foam tape being the "final straw" so to speak, we went and ordered a new front door. I am so excited about it looking pretty. But I am even more excited about it being able to perform the functions of a door - opening and shutting! And the energy efficiency is going to be great too!

No comments: