Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cupcake Pops

I have been inspired recently by several friends and their baking. One of them showed me a blog of an awesome baker and her ideas. Cupcake pops.

I love baking. And these cupcake pops seemed easy enough but still challenging and rewarding. I got my bark for coating and my sticks to make the pops. I was going to wait till this weekend to do it, but I was so excited to try it out.

I made the cake - halving the total recipe so that I didn't have an overwhelming amount of cupcake pops that would need EATING!! Then the assembly began. Crumble. Mix in frosting. Roll in balls. Chill. Shape. Chill again. Then dip into "bottom" bark glaze. Wait. Dip into "top" bark glaze. Wait again. As this was the last step, this waiting was the hardest!!

So the didn't turn out as pretty as the ones from the blog pictures. I didn't really think that they would. But for a first attempt, I think they are pretty cute! And yummy too! Somehow, I was able to eat just one. They are very rich!

Even though these pops were very involved, they were worth it in the
end. Each step was really fun - more like a creative process than just
baking. I will definitely try these again. I do have the other half of
the mix still...

Midway through


...and the finished product!



1 comment:

Talia said...

Fun! I'm impressed. I've not been able to tackle the pops myself. Maybe when the kiddies are older...