Saturday, April 25, 2009

Outdoors!

This morning, we drove out to Bass Pro Shop. It's not really close to our house. And we never really have had a reason to go. So this was our first visit. My husband won a gift card in a golf tourney for Bass Pro. And we are the last people that would need this gift card. The driveway into the store was very long - kind of like a queue at a theme park... getting you in the mood for the ride. But when we finally did get there, as we suspected, we stuck out like sore thumbs. And they didn't even have golf stuff in the store like we had hoped (it's only offered online). But I did get a hat - with SPF! I had been wanting a hat - and it made the trip worthwhile!!

That afternoon, I planted my garden. It was much easier this year. Well, last year I had to dig up the entire bed and actually MAKE the garden bed. And I still had the rings of the soaker hose pinned down. So all I had to do was rake the mulch to the side to find the rings! Well that and dig a little holes! I planted 3 tomato plants and 1 pepper plant. And the big mass of green on the left is chocolate mint, which aggressively came back from last year. While outside, I noticed the grass needed to be mowed. After mowing and planting, I laid in my hammock.


Just as I was getting relaxed, our neighbors came over to offer to burn my huge pile of limbs and branches. They said they would burn sometime later this week, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity. So I left my cozy hammock and went inside to convince my husband to leave his recliner to transport limbs. They let us borrow their lawn mower trailer and even came over and cut the really big tree limb with a chainsaw.


Then after yard work part two, I went back to the hammock.

So tonight - I am totally exhausted. I feel wiped. But I am very glad that I slathered myself up with sunscreen. Many times I underestimate my time out in the sun. But today I was prepared. But the allergies are hitting. I didn't think they were getting to me as bad as they have. Yuck. But a beautiful day outside was worth it.

1 comment:

Talia said...

No more "burn tan" for you! Good girl.