Monday, January 5, 2009

Gray

My first day of being off of work. Well, being back to part-time. It was hard today to try to get myself back in a routine. I've had NO routine for so long. When I woke up, my head was still a little fuzzy from the bump yesterday...

I was looking down into the candy bowls, sort of under the exhaust hood - it hangs down a little where I was standing. I leaned farther in, so that I could see what I was getting – and on the way up I hit my head. Hard. I saw stars and little birdies and my eyes teared up, but not because I was crying. I had to lay down for a while. And I didn't get any candy.

With the weather so gray and my head still reeling from the bump, it was just a weird day. Not back in the swing of things, but not really a “vacation” day. Just somewhere in the middle. Gray area. Literally.

No comments: