Monday, January 26, 2009

Beat It

We got wireless drums for Rock Band. We've had drums for a while. And I guess I've worn them down. My scoring percentage had been pretty good. But I really thought that some of the ones that I was missing, I really WAS hitting. And with these new drums, that IS the case. I have been getting 99% more often than I used to. But the elusive 100% is still out there. I don't know if that will ever happen, because once I'm in the middle of a song and I think "ooh, I haven't missed a note yet," I miss one. It's the classic "psyching yourself out of it."

D and I cleaned out – well straightened up – his virtual office. Now it IS virtually an office! I got the suitcases and garage sale stuff IN the closet! Big steps for me! And the china that was hiding back in the closet, like it has been since we got married (a WHILE ago) came upstairs for a sort. I chose what would actually get used. I didn't keep the creamer, the gravy boat, or any of the cup and saucers. If I didn't use it this past Christmas or New Year's, which is about as fancy as we are ever going to get - it goes! I did keep the stemware and the flatware, that we have used a couple of times, at least. And with it being more accessible, I think we'll actually use it. There is now space for other, more useful things in my life!

My goal is to read more this year. I have finished the Twilight series (for the second time...) and now have started another fun series. Reading more is not going to be really hard for me, since I haven't been a big reader, well, ever. And when I say I'm going to read, I'm going to read the whole book. I want reading to be more of a habit. A good kind of habit. I have a tendency of reading a book (even 3 or 4 into a series). Then I stop reading about two-thirds of the way in. Just stop. I was cleaning out my bookshelves last year at one point, and I had 4 books with bookmarks in them. Two-thirds of the way in...

No comments: