Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring...a fresh start


Easter was this past weekend. It was nice to feel warm spring weather, have silly fun with the girls, hear wonderful music at church and hear a message of the promises of Easter.  A fresh start. 
Had fun with the girls doing a few egg hunts - and eating candy. I couldn't believe how well the girls did finding the eggs. It only took one minute to show them what to do. And then they wanted to keep going. They had so much fun running through the grass, squealing with joy. They love being outside. And having new adventures. And I even dyed eggs - for the first time that I can remember. It was messy and really didn't work. I was glad that I had gotten the little kit with the stickers. H loved the stickers - using PLASTIC eggs! I tried to get some cute pictures of the girls - in their dresses. They so rarely wear dresses. But they are not ones to sit still. At least at the same time. I think other people have mastered the wonders of photoshop. But for me - I think I'm just going to stick with pictures of imperfection - pictures of the moment. And I'm trying to see the beauty in those.  They ARE quite the captured memories. 
So I'm trying to see this week as a fresh new start. I'm going to try new things with courage = action, despite the fear - (or usually in my case it's more of just an uncertainty). And do the things that I love to do - with passion. And to have the drive to do them, and do them well. Even things like my workouts at the Y, making dinner, doing the household chores...and blogging. Take action! 
And the most challenging "fresh start" that I want with all of this - a fresh new attitude. Seeing the blessings of everyday life. And enjoying where I am. Right now. Because "now" will never come back. So I want to make the most of it and not waste time wishing, worrying, whining about things that aren't worth it. Fresh. New. Now. 

No comments: