Monday, April 2, 2012

10 things I don't do...


5 things I don't do, but don't really care to:
1. I don't take beautiful photographs. What I take would definitely be called snapshots. They are more for memory sake. I don't think I have the passion to learn all there is to taking great photos. And I don't have the passion to buy all the equipment. Oh and knowing me, I'd trip and drop a $500 camera. The camera I'm on now is a point and shoot, but has the options of customizing a little. And it's my third one that I'm on in 5 years, from dropping the other two. Oops. 
2. I don't stay up late or get up early. I'm not a night owl. Never have been. 10 pm is late enough for me.  And I'm definitely not an early bird. 7am is early. I force myself to get out of bed before 6am (er, 6:15) so that I can be ready before the girls get up. But I'm not fully awake until about 9:30. And at least ONE cup of coffee. I can do one thing at a time - multitasking occurs after 10am. 
3. I don't spend a ton of time on my hair.  I don't think I've used my hair dryer in about a year. And definitely haven't used it regularly in over 2 years. My hair has been getting curlier over the past 5 years or so. It started out as just a few waves. But now it can actually be functional as curly hair. So I'm loving air drying it!  Which is great. Because I don't want to get up earlier to dry and straighten my hair every morning. 
4. I don't buy things full price. Unless absolutely necessary. I will buy a few things for the kids - at the grocery store mainly, that rarely, if ever go on sale. So those things, I just grudgingly pay full NON-sale price. But pretty much everything else - it's on sale, I have a coupon, or preferably BOTH - that's when I buy it. Food, clothes, household products. Gone are the days of just needing something and buying it then. I plan ahead, shop the sales. 
5. I don't put sugar/sweetener in my coffee. I have never liked it sweet.  I do put a little plain creamer in it. But I like for the coffee flavor to come through. I tried this new creamer a few weeks ago. It sounded so good. Sweet Cream. But it was more sweet than cream. Just way too much sugar. The only flavor that I've ever really liked is peppermint mocha - used sparingly.  But for my everyday morning coffee, just a little unflavored creamer. 

5 things I don't do (often) but would like to:
1. Well, I'd like to be a blogger. I did great there for a while, a few years ago. But I think that my perfectionist tendencies get in the way. That the blog isn't perfect. Or I need to do something before I can sit down and work on my blog. I really need to do it, because I need that creative outlet. My idea is to blog at least 4 times a week. I've tried organizing with topics for the day.  I've tried just jotting down ideas and doing that. I don't know what is going to be best for me, but I think that jumping back in and seeing where it goes is the plan for now. 
2. Read. There are lots of books I want to read, need to read, should read. But again, I don't have time - or I don't make the time.  There has to be a time of day that I'm not too tired or too busy - or a time that I'm not going to get interrupted. Maybe I can find that time soon. Or maybe in a few years. And another one of my problems with reading...  I'm not a super fast reader. I can get through a book in a week or two. Maybe.  I'm not a one day-er, like some of my friends. Unless I really try. And I just HAVE to read then book. Right. Then. 
3. I want to bake more. I really want to perfect several cookie recipes. One being chocolate chip - the other, oatmeal raisin cookies. I want to have "MY" recipe for these cookies. That I can perfect, love, make, share and pass on to my girls. Something that will represent my love of baking. 
4. I want to think of special things to do - for special occasions. BEFORE the day or moment arrives and I think to myself "I wish I would have thought to do..." whatever the good idea is that I now have.  For example. Things that I wished that I bought in China. For the girls, for now...and later. It doesn't happen that often, and it's not like I have lots of regret with things like this. But it's something I'd like to remember to do the next time. 
5. I need to drink more water. That one is pretty straightforward! 

1 comment:

John Brock said...

I wish I stayed in better contact with the people that matter to me. You and my brother, for example. Oh, and I wish I was disciplined enough to finish at least one of my ideas, ie, mostly writing things.