Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pictures

I am trying to collect picture of me, my husband and our family for a "project" I am doing. It is almost nearly impossible to find a picture of anyone NOT doing the following:
• Not looking at the camera
• Looking at the camera, but looking quite surly
• Making a funny face (in dealing with this project, funny faces are NOT funny)
• Not even in any pictures

Or, I find a picture of the subject that I want and the photo is blurry. Or it's a very close-up self portrait. These are fine - but a whole collection of them all together from different locales can be a little weird.

I do enjoy the photos that I have - the memories that are in them. It is great to look back and see fun times that I have had. That's why I take pictures - the memories.

Landscapes - I'm really good at and I enjoy getting the lighting just right for a good shot. I have many of my favorite "scenery" shots hanging up in the house. But people, whether I'm taking the picture, someone else is - they usually don't turn out the way that I really want them - especially with photos with me in them. At least I have the memory!

No comments: