Thursday, May 21, 2009

EA Active

A new Wii game. More of a workout than a game, though.

We had gotten Wii fit when it was first release. I enjoyed certain aspects of it, but some of the "games" just didn't work quite right. And there was SO MUCH down time between the transitions of each workout exercise. After about a month, it lost its appeal and fun. So when my husband told me about a new Wii fitness game, I was skeptical. After I learned about the details, it sounded a little more interesting, though. And he was really excited to get it. So that was the quest yesterday to get this "game."

I was so exicted to get started with it yesterday. It was great. There is a set workout, so you don't have to toggle between each individual exercise. And little motivational goals and "trophies" to strive for. What I liked most is that there are a variety of pre-made workouts (a TON of them) and then you can also create your own workout with stuff that you like - and it will tell you the balance of the workout (like calories, upper and lower body). And the exercises look really fun. There are basic weight training things and cardio. Then there are sports themed workouts and even a dance section.

With workout #1 of the 30 day challenge, I only scratched the surface of what this program can offer. And the workout was fun but challenging. And it kept flowing quickly - with the timer in one corner and calories burned in the other! I was excited to do the next day's workout!

Today was day 2 of the challenge. Ouch. Lots of lower body stuff - lunges. But it's amazing how much I feel like I've done - total body - from a Wii game!

I look forward to day 3!!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

So you really like it? I really want it after seeing all the commercials and we NEVER use our Wii, so I figure that would be a good thing that I would use it for. Tell me more!! I want it!