Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Costco Fun

I went out today on a quest. It didn't start as a quest. I went to get a Wii game - EA sports fitness. Went to Walmart to just get it really fast and cheap. But they didn't have it. So where to go? I could go in the opposite direction to Target, or I could go to Best Buy. Then I thought about what my husband had told me. That the game would be the same price everywhere, except Costco.

Huh. We needed some paper products anyway. So that's where I headed. They had the game! Lots of them! I got my FOUR items. And then got in line. They unfortunately don't have an express line at a warehouse store. So I was behind a lady that had a cart that was rounded up so high - with stuff on the bottom and hanging off the sides. Surprisingly, they got her cart unloaded really fast. She had enough stuff to fill a flatbed truck, and she did - at least a hand held flatbed cart. I didn't hear how much the total was, but the cashier said "OK, here's the damage." My husband later asked if she was maybe shopping for an office or something. But she got about 10 slabs of various meat, so I'm thinking no. She said something about her teenage boys being at home - and Memorial Day is coming up.

I checked out in a hurry. I had been surprised about how fast that the lady in front of me had been. But then I had to get in line behind her again. The "let me count your items in your cart before you can exit the store" line. So I played with my phone for a minute. Then both of us were walking out to the parking lot at the same time. Stuff was falling off her flatbed cart. And as I was thinking, "Wow, she better have a BIG vehicle" she stopped at hers. It was a tiny, sporty Acura. As I walked to my Jeep, one aisle over, I couldn't help but laugh. And then it got funnier.

The lady was wearing a flouncy, full mini skirt. She probably shouldn't have had on that short of a skirt on in the first place - too short for me definitely! And she kept bending over to get stuff off her cart and wedge it here and there into her tiny car. And the wind was blowing - a lot. Her flouncy skirt was flouncing all right. It was quite a show. Maybe not the best huge warehouse store shopping outfit. The car and the skirt was all wrong. But I was very entertained!

No comments: