Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New show

I have found a new show that I love to watch. It is on Lifetime - called "Cook Yourself Thin." It's three ladies that revamp favorite meals. Each week, they have someone on the show that has a reason to lose a few pounds, from an upcoming high school reunion to just doing for themselves, to feel good! And the recipes are great! They take common recipes and use "secret ingredients" to decrease the calories. My faves so far have been a French Toast Tart (french toast baked in a muffin tin). And I really want to try the Mint Chocolate Chip cupcakes! They really do focus on having the foods that you like and still losing weight - and just eating better! And they are quick to say that it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change - which I like. They don't really talk about adding in exercise or other healthy choices. They come back to the person in 6 weeks to see if they have lost weight/a dress size. And of course, they always have. What fun would the show be if they didn't.
Super fun show - with good recipes and ideas for eating healthier!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Ooooh, I haven't heard of this! I'll have to check it out!