Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cherries

I have been waiting for this moment for a while. Since spring hit in full force. Every week at the grocery store, I've been looking in the section with the blueberries and the strawberries for my beloved cherries. They had some a few weeks ago. But they were from Chile and about 10 bucks. No thanks.

But today, my Washington State cherries were there!

I never really was a cherry fan, but when I finally tried Rainier cherries a few years ago, I LOVED them. The stems and the pits didn't bother me - as I thought they would. So when we went to Seattle 2 years ago, I got some cherries from Pike Place Market. There was nothing better than than $1.50 cup of cherries that I ate in Seattle while walking through the market. They were so good! (And I look forward to getting some more this year!)

So, when my Washington State cherries make it down here, I love to get them. The sweetness mixed with the sour - and the juiciness just make them great. Maybe not as good as in the Market, but still a great summertime snack!

No comments: