Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Thinking Tuesday

So each day this week, I'm trying to think about where my head is each day.  And Tuesday seems to be my thinking day.  Thinking about how - and where - the week is going.  And thinking about the future and all the things I need to do.  Tuesday is also when most of my blog ideas come to me, but never get written down.*  I'm not exhausted from the week yet and it's not as crazy as Monday.  Tuesday is the perfect day for sitting down with a cup of coffee for an hour to just think and ponder.  YEAH RIGHT.  Maybe I will get to drink my coffee before having to reheat it in the microwave, then forget that it's in there and then reheat the reheat...

I am sometimes even thinking about bigger things.  Projects to be done.  Summer plans.  Deeper things too, like what fall is going to look like here with the oldest starting school.  What kind of parent I want to be.  Forget New Years resolutions.  Give me a Tuesday for retrospection!

Today I was thinking about all the milestones of life - mainly of kids.  All the ones that you really pay attention to - and then the ones that happen and you didn't really even realize that you were missing them.  Like the last bottle.  Or the last sippy cup.  The last night with the pacifier (oh, wait, I remember that one...)

Today I had a kid milestone.  A very minor one, but it got me thinking.  Am I going to remember all of these?  Well, the answer is no.  I don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday, so there is no way I'm going to remember what happened this spring, but I will remember the feeling.  The feeling that my tiny ones are getting so big.  That they don't need me as much as they did, even 6 months ago.  And maybe the fact that I need them more now...  And need them more every day.

So for my thinking Tuesday... It's time to make the coffee!



*(seeing as how I've done two blogs this week, I'm currently trying something new and it seems to be working.)

No comments: