Monday, March 31, 2014

Mobilize Mondays

Coming off the weekend, Monday is just a long and crazy day.  And it's a day to gear back up for the week.  The week before on Friday, I'm putting stuff off to do for Saturday.  Then Saturday comes and I don't want to do anything!  But I force myself to get the things done that are on my list so that I don't have to do them on Sunday.  Because I'm NOT going to do them on Sunday.  I am trying to keep Sunday basically work-free - keeping it the Sabbath.  Only doing things that are live-giving.  I do basic stuff like making meals, etc.  But no chores or other work that isn't fun for me.  Organizing is fun for me, and life-giving, so sometimes I do that...  But other than that I'm working hard on Sunday to not do work!

So on Monday, I end up trying to figure out where I am on the stuff that needs to be done - and the stuff that I want to do.  And really it's about what I want to do.  Basic needs are always taken care of - it's the daily, weekly and monthly projects that need to be done.   Things that I like to keep up with so that they don't catch up with me!  But sometimes those things that I need to do, steal time from the things that I want to do.  So Mobilize Monday is the day that I like to figure out how I can fit it all in - ALL of it.  Wanting to do the things I need to do and needing to do the things that I want to do!

Mondays are when I regroup for the week.  Where are we going?  What needs to be done? What do I want to get done?  Who needs to be where, when?  Review my calendar(s).  Make my lists.  Make plans.  And then the most important part:  be prepared for all of that to be thrown into chaos.  Because who am I kidding.  I can plan stuff, but life happens in the unexpected and the unknown - the adventure and the challenge.

So I'm mobilized for the week - for whatever may come!!

No comments: