Thursday, April 10, 2014

Throwback Thursday

So I'm going to do a throwback series:  "This week in 2010."
Mostly instead of pictures, I'm going to take a look back at my old calendars, blogs and journals.  This is RIGHT before we got kids. And right in the beginning of when I became a new mom.  It should be an interesting journey!  It doesn't seem that long ago, but it really was!  I feel like a totally different person now.  It's weird that I've been a mom for less than four years, especially with having one starting kindergarten in the fall. But I wouldn't have it any other (crazy) way.  It was perfect!

-----   -----   -----   -----   -----   -----   -----   -----   -----   -----

So today, we find ourselves in the first half of April 2010...

It was already Easter - it came early that year.  And it was already really warm outside.
A silly thing that I did - I was working outside trying to cut weeds and vine growth away from our outdoor AC unit.  I really was trying to be careful, cutting back and pulling out.  I was even trying to watch out for poison ivy.  There was one stubborn weed that wouldn't pull loose.  It was going up under the unit.  And of course, I didn't want it to get caught in the fan and cause a problem.  That really was my thought process.  It looked like a thorny branch - like one of those brown ones that's more like a root.  So I cut it and then tried pulling it.  Oops.  It was actually a wire going into the AC unit.  My bad.  The thermostat wire.  It could have been really bad.  So I had to have someone come out and replace it.  The guy said, "It looks cut.  On purpose?"  Yep.

I had joined a Bible Study at church and started my first year volunteering at VBS as a director for preschool children.  I had done both of those sooner than I really wanted to.  I really wanted to have kids so that I could be a "mom" in Bible study.  I thought it would be really hard being with other ladies that were mothers, while I was still waiting and longing.  God was really faithful to be to give me courage to just jump in anyway - before I thought I was ready.  He placed some wonderful godly women in my life at just the time that I needed them.  What a blessing!

And I thought I was crazy volunteering to work with KIDS when I didn't have any yet.  But when I was asked to be a part of it, I prayed and the answer was clear.  I did wonder why, but I just blindly followed and began a journey into the children's ministry at my church.

And oh how things were just put in place, paving the path, marking the way for the years to come.
And oh how I didn't know it at the time - not that would ever.  But I wasn't even looking at it that way.
And oh how God was waiting for this perfect moment in time, to change my life forever.
Little did I know...

No comments: