Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday Wisdom: Thoreau

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. 
  - Henry David Thoreau

This is one of my favorite quotes.  And I was thinking about it this week...  
Peter Walsh, my favorite organizing expert, says that clutter is usually memory clutter or someday clutter.  These hold you in the past or pull you to the future.  But your life is what you are living RIGHT NOW.  So thinking about that, I read this quote again.  I do like the fact that this quote encourages to go after your dreams, instead of just sitting around waiting for something to happen.  But what struck me was that as you are going in the direction of you dreams, life IS happening.  Life is happening now, during the going...  
So I want to enjoy every minute of life - achieving the dreams that I have for life, and thoroughly enjoying the road to get there too! 

No comments: