Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tales for Tuesday: My coffee order...

I have a Keurig coffee maker that I really enjoy - it makes one cup at a time.  And I order my coffee via the internet.  I have been ordering for several years, and the coffee is delivered in about 2-3 days.  Recently my normal ordering site went up on prices.  So I found another great site, and ordered from them.  The first order that I got arrived super fast.  In 2-3 days, just like I was used to.  So to get even better prices at this new site, I joined their "club."  I usually don't do that kind of thing.  But I could control when, what and how much shipped.  So this was great!  But my first "club" order that I placed - on the 19th of January - was quite a fiasco.
It was not shipped FedEx as was my first order with them; it was shipped FedEx Smartpost.  This delivery system, while good in theory, is very slow in execution.  It transfers from FedEx delivery to your local post office.  I know that it is to save money.  But it sure does not save time...
After two weeks, and lots of tracking, the notification said that it was at the post office.  But a week passed, and it still wasn't delivered.  So Daniel called the post office, to maybe see if they could shed some light.  The lady was actually really helpful.  She said that they only had the billing information.  But the tracking info said that they HAD the box.  Huh.  Again, not so smart, the "Smartpost."
So I contacted the coffee customer service, saying "Hey I didn't get my order.  I think it is lost.  And please remove me from the club ordering."  And after 3 emails to 3 different, but very nice and helpful customer service reps, I got my order yesterday.  The REshipped order.  They had even offered to ship it via FedEx, with no additional charges to me!  I was pretty impressed with their customer service.  Especially since they had un-signed me up from the club FIRST.
I was glad to finally get my coffee order, a MONTH later.  But when it was delivered, the FedEx guy put it in front of my garage door.  He always delivers to the front porch.  I have no idea what he was doing with that box.  But if I hadn't gone for a run that morning and seen the box, I would have crushed it with my car when I backed out of the garage.
This order was just doomed from the beginning.  So much drama for a box of coffee...

No comments: