Saturday, February 19, 2011

Thursday Three: Interesting Innnovations

(yeah, it's Saturday, but it's been a crazy week)

1) I have a dowel (thin wooden rod) in the baby's room to "fish" for pacis that have been thrown under the crib (which is flush to the floor in the front).  Not sure how she can get them in the dead center of the crib, but now I can just knock them out so that they are retrievable!

2) Lazy susan on the kitchen table - which holds all the feeding needs for the baby.  Bowls, spoons, cereal, napkins (for face wiping) and a sippy cup.  So no lugging all that stuff to the table eat feeding time.  It's just right there at a spinning arms length!

3) Not sure if this is really "innovating" but my bedside table that was in my room growing up, that has followed me into adulthood is now the "landing" table for the baby's diaper bag. I tried a hook in her room, but sometimes I need to get to it when SHE is in the room... napping.  Especially at this point in time when it is my purse also.  So it is nice for the bag to have its own spot where it lives, outside her room, easy to grab on the way out the door and accessible at all times of the day.  And it's not taking up an already purposed surface in our house.  And not on the floor where the dog would have a great time digging through it!

No comments: