Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wednesday Words of Wisdom

Something I heard Laura Story sing - and some of what she said about the song before she sang (paraphrased by me...):

"...what if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You’re near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise?"


She asked the congregation if anyone's life was JUST like they had planned it, just how they thought it would be.   And that life that you planned, was it really what you wanted?  That everything that comes in your life is filtered through the loving hands of God.

I had a "plan" for my life - and no, my life didn't turn out at all what I planned.  And I do think, I KNOW, that even though there was pain to get here - and there probably will be pain in the future - that my life is filled with blessings from God.  Blessings that I could never have even imagined, when I was "planning" my life.  And the wonderful blessings and joys of my life, filtered through the hands of God, are greater and more amazing than my feeble mind could have planned. 

1 comment:

MamaDrama77 said...

Just...so true. I needed to hear this!